25 Free Marketing Resources for Small Businesses
There are tons of marketing resources online to help you successfully market your business. So much, that now the challenge is to weed through all of the clutter to find the right answers and solutions to your marketing questions. Hooray, I’ve done just that for you!
Following is a curated list of my favorite free marketing resources where you can find great information from industry experts and tools that you can use in helping to grow your business. I use these resources regularly and advise my clients to as well. The more everyone is on the same page regarding the possibilities of marketing the more impact we can have on the business. Win-win!
Here’s my list in no particular order.
Note: Most of these resources are free, unless you desire to dive deeper with a paid version of the product.
Marketing Resources For Learning:
- Content Marketing Institute: Articles, research and resources for writing and delivering compelling content
- HubSpot Marketing Blog: Providing articles, guides and templates to help with Inbound Marketing
- Search Engine Land: News and articles on all things SEO (search engine optimization) and SEM (search engine marketing)
- Social Media Examiner: An online social media magazine with articles on using social media, blogs and podcasts
- Gary Vaynerchuk: Digital marketing genius with large Millenial following and lots of content
- Moz.com “Learn”: Guides and blog on SEO and social media
- Mashable: Provides news, information & resources on SEO and the digital world
- Entrepreneur.com: Articles and videos covering a variety of marketing topics
- MarketingProfs: Articles, insights and podcasts geared toward marketing professionals
- KISSmetrics Blog: Providing insights on online marketing
- SBA.gov: Articles from the U.S. Small Business Administration on marketing
Marketing Resources For Using:
- G Suite: I love Google and their suite of business tools is a must for businesses of any size. They have so many free tools you will just have to visit their site to learn more.
- PicMonkey: Photo editing tool for those who are not professional graphic designers
- Canva: Canva promotes itself as a “tool that makes design simple for everyone”
- Freedigitalphotos.net: Database of free (and premium) stock photos and illustrations from a community of professional stock photographers and digital illustrators
- Small SEO Tools: A slew of SEO tools to check keywords, page rank, duplicate copy across the web and much more.
- SEOPTIMER: Website review and SEO audit tool
- freeimages: Database of free stock photos and images
- SurveyMonkey: Web-based survey solutions for building online surveys and collecting audience responses
- MailChimp: Online platform for designing and sending email marketing campaigns
- Hootsuite: Software for managing social media profiles and streamlines posting updates on LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and more
- LinkedIn Groups: There are tons of marketing groups on LinkedIn. Joining groups is a great way to network. Beware that engagement is low in most so find ones that are active.
- Yext: Tool for seeing how your local business appears across the internet
- join.me: Provides screen sharing and online meeting tools
- Jing: software that takes a picture or video of the user’s computer screen and uploads it to the Web, FTP, computer or clipboard – automatically creating a shareable URL to the content